Adding Application Pool
It is recommended to create the proper application pool for Ranet Analytics. It simplifies the application administration and reduces risks of other application influence.
- Open the console of IIS Manager;
- Add the application pool on command [Add Application Pool…].
|Name||Enter a unique application pool name|
|.NET Framework version)||Choose .NET Framework version which will be downloaded with this application pool. Choose Platform .NET Framework, version 4.0|
|Managed pipeline mode||Setting defines how IIS services deal with inquiries for managed content:
· Integrated – IIS services deal with inquiries for managed content by means of the integrated inquiry processing pipeline ASP.NET and IIS.
· Classic - IIS services deal with inquiries for managed content by means of separate inquiry processing pipeline ASP.NET and IIS. Use this mode if only applications in the application pool cannot start in mode Integrated.
Choose Integrated mode.
|Start application pool immediately||Setting for permit of start application pool immediately at start of Windows activation service.
Select check box.
- After creating the application pool customize it additionally. Define the account from which name work process of Ranet Analytics application pool will be started and correspondingly which rights the application will have during work in the section [Process Model - Identity]. It is proposed to use:
- NetworkService is a default used in case when the web-server and the database are situated on the same computer. It falls under the group “Users” and has the users’ rights necessary for the application start.
- ApplicationPoolIdentity enables to start Ranet Analytics application without creation of local accounts. An account is created dynamically at the application pool start and so provides the greatest application security.
- Custom Account is a special account, enables to use the identifier and the password of a certain user instead of the system accounts listed hereinbefore. It is possible to use when the web-server and the database are situated on different computers and requires a certain user for an access.
- Make sure that the pointed user account falls under the group IIS_IUSRS on the web-server in order to guarantee enough access rights to the resources.