Xafari Hierarchy Node List Editor
Xafari platform offers a set of tools facilitating convenient work with business objects organized using a tree-like hierarchy.
Such objects are featured with the following possibilities:
- The hierarchy structure is displayed in a List View by means of the special editors: Win Hierarchy Node List Editor, ASPx Hierarchy Node List Editor, and ASPx Explorer List Editor. Hierarchy Node List Editors are List Editors that display data in the form of a hierarchical structure.
- Several hierarchies support. A user can change hierarchies in the runtime mode.
To see Hierarchy Node List Editors work example, refer to the figures below.
The Hierarchy Node List Editor enables users to monitor a whole hierarchy in one list. There are three modes of deletion:
- Default - deletion of an object and all references to it. All the child items become the root items.
- Replacement - when a node is deleted, all its child elements are moved one position up in the hierarchy, taking the position of the parent item.
- Cascade - an object is deleted with all its child items.
To detect the child items, it’s possible to use one of the three ways below:
- Direct Database Count - send the “Exists()” query to the database directly.
- Collection Count - receives a collection of child items and compares the number of its elements to zero.
- Default - in case none of the items is being edited, the Direct Database Count, or Collection Count, in other words, is applied.